"The story of one woman's attempt to find herself in the face of grief, Fear of Flying is a moving and unexpected reminder that fate may deny us what we want, only to give us exactly what we need. Kate Allen is a fresh new voice in fiction." -Camille Pagán, bestselling author of I'm Fine and Neither Are You
- "Allen's emotional debut pulls the reader into a gripping slow-burn romance where our lively and relatable protagonist has to find a way to move forward while letting go of her fears and the past. Heartfelt and honest, this book has all the feels." - Samantha Vérant, author of 'The Secret French Recipes of Sophie Valroux'
- "Kate Allen's sparkling debut, Fear of Flying, truly soared. From Boston to Amsterdam to Scotland, I loved traveling on this journey - a perfect read during this quarantine. I cheered for Liv from the very first page. When we meet her, she is facing a fear, a personal tragedy and her past. It's a tall order for a young woman and the perfect catalyst for a truly honest coming-of-age story. I could see Liv's strength beneath all of her flaws and eagerly took this ride with her. Collin won me over with his steady and unwavering friendship, maturity and loyalty. As they navigate the winding road of friendship and life - and learn what it means to really love someone - I happily rooted for their happily ever after. I can't wait to see what other adventures Kate Allen shares with us next!" - Nicole Macaulay, author of 'Honeymoon Alone'
- "If your best friend, sister, mother, roommate sees you reading, laughing out loud and screenshotting pages of Allen's debut novel, and asks to borrow it when you're done, politely decline - you'll want to start all over again as soon as you turn the last page, to savour every smart, funny, thrilling line you gulped the first time." -Meg Mason, author of 'Sorrow and Bliss'
- A fascinating and at times heart-breaking exploration of a young woman drowning in grief and desperate to find air without getting hurt again. Kate Allen is an exciting new author to watch in contemporary women's fiction. - Jennifer Klepper, USA Today bestselling author of 'Unbroken Threads'
- A keen portrait of a shattered woman whose fear of attachment keeps her from recognizing the love she needs. Prose screwed tight with tension held me rapt as I sought hope for Liv, for myself, for us all. -Kathryn Craft, award-winning author of 'THE FAR END OF HAPPY' and 'THE ART OF FALLING'
- "Allen writes with her audience in mind and delivers an intriguing story that will linger in your thoughts long after the final page. If you're looking for a character-driven novel to lose yourself in, your search can end with Fear of Flying by Kate Allen." - Readers' Favorite (5 Star Review)
- | Author: Kate Allen
- | Publisher: Ambiguous Ink Press
- | Publication Date: March 30, 2021
- | Number of Pages: 276 pages
- | Language: English
- | Binding: Paperback
- | ISBN-10: 1736419706
- | ISBN-13: 9781736419700